Ingredients you’ll need for Mini Sausage Rolls
For the dough
• 250g All purpose Flour
• 1 teaspoonful Baking Powder
• 100g Margarine or melted butter
• ½ teaspoon Salt
• ½ cup Water(or as needed)
• 1 raw egg(for coating the rolls)
For the sausage rolls filling you’ll need
• 200g of minced or ground sausage meat
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 1⁄4 teaspoon of onion(optional)… minced onions can also be used
• 1⁄4Garlic powder(optional)… minced onions can also be used
• 1 stock cube or 1 tablespoon full stock powder
Mix well and add the margarine or melted butter. Mix well in a large bowl until the mixture looks like bread crumbs or garri.
* Gradually, add a little water and continue mixing until you get a non-sticky ,stiff dough.
* Place the dough on a lightly floured table and knead for 5-8 minute until smooth.Then set aside and leave to rest.
*Now, Mince or
grind the sausage meat.Add the spices. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.Then Set aside for later use
* Break an egg, whisk it and set aside
* Grease or line a baking tray and set aside
Place the dough back on the table; Cut out a bit of the dough and using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat
(but not too thin or flat). Then cut out a rectangular shape,place the spiced sausage meat on the dough and fold the
dough to form a long log.
Now cut the log into smaller sizes (depending on the size of your mini sausage rolls).
Place the rolls of sausage on the greased pan and repeat the rest of the dough cycle.
Then brush on the surface of the rolls some of the whisked egg; this will give it a brilliant look after baking.
*Bake in the Oven at 170º C/ 375 F for 20- 35 minutes or until the Mini sausage rolls are lightly browned.
Tip: the time depends on the heating capacity of your oven. So watch the sausage rolls closely while baking.
Serve and Enjoy.
Mini Sausage Rolls are usually enjoyed with a chilled drink or beverage. I love it with Yogurt.