How to prepare fiofio2019-07-20
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
The fio fio dish is a zesty pigeon pea porridge, peculiar to the general people of Enugu state in Nigeria.
This simple recipe will teach you to prepare the
2 cups fio-fio (pigeon peas)
2 cups smashed achicha (cocoyam)
3 milk cups of palm oil
Handful of scent leaf
4 onion balls
2 stock/seasoning cubes
12 pieces fresh pepper
4 handfuls of ukpaka (ugba)
salt (to taste)
nylon (for the achicha)
1. Select the pigeon peas like you would do beans, to evacuate debris and bugs. In the wake of choosing, wash the peas.
2. Empty the washed fiofio into a pot and spread with water. Cook for 30 minutes, wash and afterward come back to the pot for another round of cooking.
3. Move to the cocoyam (achicha). Empty the cocoyam into a bowl of water and permit to drench for in any event 10 minutes.
4. At that point wash appropriately to expel all hints of sand and channel out the water.
5. Tie them a little bit at a time with the nylon and put inside the previously cooking pot where the pigon peas are. Let this cook for about 30mins.
6. Expel the cocoyam from the pot and enable the pigeon peas to cook until delicate.
7. Channel the water from the peas, unfasten the cocoyam and combine.
8. Warmth the oil in a different pot or skillet for around 3 minutes.
9. Into the oil, include the cleaved onions, pepper, ukpaka, flavoring, aroma leaf, salt to taste, and enable it to cook for 10 minutes.
10. Blend the effectively arranged sauce with the pigeon peas and cocoyam.
Your Fio fio is a great idea to go! Present with singed fish and a chilled drink!