Skip to content
- 1 coconut or 600mls (2½ cups) coconut milk
- 12 chicken drumettes
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- ¼ green bell pepper
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 small seasoning cubes (chicken flavour)
- Salt (to taste)
Before you cook the Vegetable Sauce
- Prepare the milk of coconut .
- Shred ¼ green, red and yellow bell peppers.
- Chop the onion.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Combine 1⁄4 of the red and yellow peppers with 1⁄2 of the chopped onions. It will be used in the Coconut Curry Sauce as a thickener.
- Put the drumettes of chicken in a clean pot and put them on the stove. Add the thyme, onion powder, some salt, black pepper and half of the chopped onions.
- Stir over medium heat till it is well steamed.
- Add the coconut milk and the curry powder, cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and once it boils again, add the blended and grated peppers.
- Cover and simmer if appropriate, add salt and it’s set.