- 3 cups fio-fio(pigeon peas)
- 3 cups achicha(cocoyam)smashed
- 5 milk cups of red oil
- 3 handfull of scent leaf
- 5 big balls of onions
- 2 cubes knorr cube
- 15 pieces fresh pepper
- 4 handfull of ukpaka
- to taste salt
- nylon(for achicha)
- Select and wash your pigeon peas
- Put it in a pot and make sure water covers it
- Cook for 30 mins, wash and return it into the pot and start cooking it.
- In a bowl of water pour the already crushed cocoyam,allow it to soak for 10mins
- Wash it properly until there is no trace of sand under it,drain it out from water.tie them beat by beat with nylon and put inside the already cooking pot where the pigon peas are
- Allow it to cook for 30mins remove it from fire and let the pigeon peas to cook until is soft,that means is done.
- Drain the water in it,untie the cocoyam mix it with the pigeon peas
- In a separate pot or frying pan add red oil allow it to get hot 3 mins is ok
- Add onions,pepper,ukpaka,maggi,scent leaf,salt to taste,allow it to cook for 10 mins
- Mix the already prepared sauce together with the pigeon peas and cocoyam together.your food is good to go.you can serve it with fried fish if you wish.